Chandigarh Tour to Independent India’s First Planned City
|Meal||Breakfast and Dinner|
|Package Includes||Sightseeing, Meals, Stay in good hotels|
|Vehicle||Private car for sightseeing|
|Package Excludes||Anything not included in the tour package.|
|Payment||At the time of Checkout you can use multiple payment options. Like Book Now Pay Later, EMI, Net Banking, Credit/Debit Card.|
Package Code: AXN-074
Availability: In Stock
Chandigarh - A Tour to Independent India’s First Planned City
Chandigarh known for its architecture and design is the first planned city in independent India. The master plan was made by world renowned architect Le Corbusier in 1950, who transformed the plans already developed by architects Maciej Nowicki and Albert Mayer. However, most of the government buildings and housing complexes were actually designed by Chandigarh Capital Project Team, headed by Pierre Jeanneret, Jane Drew and Maxwell Fry. Chandigarh hosts the largest Le Corbusier's Open Hand sculpture; a trademark signature for Le Corbusier's architecture, standing 26 meters high. It is a sign for propagating peace and reconciliation which is open to give and to receive. Le Corbusier referred to it as the 'Second Machine Age'.
Chandigarh is a city and union territory in north India, it serves as the joint capital of Punjab and Haryana states. The city is under union government rule, and with adjoining cities of Mohali (Punjab) and Panchkula (Haryana) together forms the Chandigarh Tri-city. The city gets its name from Chandi Mandir, an ancient temple devoted to Hindu goddess Chandi, near the city in Panchkula district.
The city has the third highest forest cover in India after Lakshadweep and Goa. Most of Chandigarh is covered by banyan, eucalyptus, chinar, ashoka, cassia, mulberry and other dense trees. Forests on the city outskirts including Nepli and Kansal Forest are home to deers, sambars, barking deer, parrots, woodpeckers and peacocks. Sukhna Lake built in 1958 is home to variety of ducks, geese and attracts migratory birds from Siberia and Japan in winter season. A parrot sanctuary in the city is home to a variety of parakeets.
The city is also known for many of the popular gardens namely Zakir Hussain Rose Garden, Japanese Garden, Chandigarh Botanical Garden, Children Traffic Park, Butterfly Park, Terraced Garden, Topiary Park, Garden of Fragrance, Nek Chand’s Rock Garden, Bougainvillea Garden, Shanti Kunj and others. Other important places to visit in and around the city are Leisure Valley, Mahendra Chaudhary Zoological Park, Musical Fountain, Le Corbusier Centre, and the Capitol Complex which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The city also houses the Natural History Museum, International Dolls Museum and Chandigarh Architecture Museum.
Chandigarh is divided into sectors, and each sector of the city is self-contained and pedestrian-friendly. Its cosmopolitan nature and access to various resources make it one of the “Wealthiest Town” of India. Chandigarh IT Park has offices of several MNC and Indian companies providing employment to people from all over India. The city is well connected by rail, road and air transport with all major cities of India. The city is home to numerous sporting teams and franchises, including golf, cricket, hockey, football and wrestling; most famous being the IPL team ‘Kings XI Punjab’. Tourist destinations like Pinjore Gardens, Morni Hills, Nada Sahib, Kasauli lie are in the city’s vicinity.
The city has numerous restaurants that serve vegetarian/non-vegetarian cuisine from south/north India, Punjab as even international cuisine; the most well-known being Gopal's, Virgin Courtyard, Hibachi, Ghazal, Sundarams, Sankalp, Tawa Restaurant, Sai Sweets, Sindhi Sweets, Swagath, Tehal Singh's Dhaba, and Indian Coffee House. Chandigarh has numerous pubs that serve good food and drinks thereby attracting citizens and tourists alike. The most popular ones are Wild West Pub and Bar, NABOBS, Paara, The Brew Estate, Peddlers, Mermaid Pub, Orchid Lounge, The Great Bear Kitchen, Piccadily's Blue Ice, BUZZ, Satva, Malt & Co, Gymkhana, S Lounge, and Hypnotic Lounge Bar. There are numerous 5-star hotels and low-cost hotels in the city for tourists. The most popular being Taj Hotel, Hyatt Regency, Treebo Western Court, JW Marriott, Hotel Rajshree, James Hotel, The Lalit, Hometel, Red Fox Hotel, Lemon Tree Hotel, and Shivalik View.
For shopaholics there are many malls in the city, most popular ones are Elante Mall, DLF Citycentre Mall, TDI mall, Paras Downtown Square Mall, Piccadily Square Mall, West Side Mall, VR Punjab, Gadget Gateway, Dhilllon Complex, Adarsh Lifestyle Mall, The Vanity Box, Parsvnath Mall Matrix, and Citi Center. For moviegoers who want to watch movies the most popular theatres are PVR cinemas, Wave Cinemas, Neelam Cinema, Cinepolis, Fun Cinema, Kiran Cinema, Batra Theatre, KC Theatre and Bassi Theatre. The city’s mesmerizing experience has something for all tourists.
Tour Itinerary - 2 Nights and 3 Days
Day 1: Check-in in the hotel, have welcome drink, spend leisure time at hotel, and in evening enjoy delicious meal.
Day 2: After delicious breakfast go for sightseeing around the city. Visit picturesque place of the city. Return to hotel in evening have a delicious dinner and sleep tight.
Day 3: Have a delicious breakfast and move towards your home with sweet memories of vacation.
1. This tour package is under offer.
2. Visit best tourist destination of India at an unexpected price. The tour includes sting in 3 star hotel, meals, and sightseeing in private car.
3. No hidden charges
4. You can buy any time within next 12-months.
5. You can buy more than 1 Family Tour Package as per number of person and duration of tours.
6. The 2-Adults and one child below 5-years could avail one tour package.
7. Child above 5-years and below 12-year could share room of parents by paying extra bed charge and cost of meal.
8. Child above 12-years could be considered as an adult. To accompany more than 2-adults you will be required to pay extra charges.
9. We could only make arrangements hotels and taxi service for sightseeing before 30-days of your planned travel dates. Therefore, we request our clients to inform us before 30-days of your planned date, so, everything in tour could be arranged as per your preference.
10. We provide 24 by 7 tourist supports to our clients.
Write a review
1. This package is available for sell at Mashahur.com and it is not the offering of Mashahur.com, it is supplied by the Vendor or the Hotel, and Mashahur.com is not responsible for any accuracy of information provided in the tour package. We only provide a service of booking and Enquiry for travel/tour/outing/leisure packages on our website Mashahur.com.
7. Payments made directly to the Vendors or Hotels could only be refund by the respective Vendor or Supplier.